Monday, November 23, 2015

First day of vacation in Magnet Indiana. Magnet is a little town that sits right on the Ohio River. It is about the same size as an eyelash! Its claim to fame is that some boat exploaded on the river many years ago. We are staying at the Moon Dance cabin which is part of the Colluci River Cabins Inc. Ours is a two bedroom place and the view is really great. We got here around 1500 yesterday and got the car unnloaded. About an hour later, Julie and Auggie Dog arrived.

It's a very chilly morning. I tried to sit out on the covered porch to write my blog but the breeze is a bit too cool at 36 degrees. We are supposed to reach 50* by this afternoon. I sat out yesterday afternoon for a bit and watched the eagles crisscross as they flew around about 100 yards out. We have bald eagles, golden eagles, lots of crows which fight with the eagles. There is a woodchuck that lives under a woodpile (very appropriate) at the side of the driveway.  The cabin is a nice typical log cabin and is furnished alright. There is a couch and a couple of not too uncomfortable rockers in here as well as a kitchen table that seats six. Our only complaint is that there is a ceiling fan that goes on high all the time and we don't know how or where to turn it either off or at least down. I'll need to go to the office and check on that. My other complaint is that the bed is terrible. First of all Ms. Kate and I are terribly spoiled with our queen sizeed bed at home and this is a full-size and I'm sure it must have cost them $100.00 when they bought them. And the pillows are flat as a pancake. I'm glad that I brought one of mine from home.

There is no internet here but we all have mobile hotspots on our phones so we can check email and do what we do on facebook and I can write my blog. On the other hand, with a view like this, who needs internet, ---- who am I kidding, --- we do.

I've brought two Stephen King books and we brought along all of the Cjrsitmas Cards that MMs. kate has made so far, and I promised her that I would address them for her.

So, I'm off for today. Sitting here, watching the eagles and the cardinals and the barges as they go buy is just cool. I need to get bback at it.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment