Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The starlings are here this morning and they are being a bunch of nasty guests. They fight and they fuss and they pick and peck at one another. But -- Mr. Fuss-a-lot, the bluejay usually comes in and breaks them up because he is noiser and bigger and has a longer beak that they do. It's a universal concept --- if the big dog wants the bowl, you let him have it.

Happy Tuesday. It is 45* out there but the sun is shining brightly. I should be getting ready to go to a meeting over in Owensboro, KY but I have too much stuff to do here at home. It is a monthly Pastor's Circle meeting, but I just am not ready to drive an hour each way to go to a meeting when I can use those two hours to get work done here. I imagine attendance will be small.

Ms. Kate and I went to a friend's house last night for dinner and conversation. He is a year older than me and is selling his house, downsizing by 3000 sq. ft. and six acres,  moving to Ohio to live close to his son and family. Since his wife died, he has been rambling around his big home on seven acres all by himself, so I don't blame him a bit for moving on. He is emotionally ready to do that now. I pray he will find happiness up there. He certainly deserves it.

This afternoon I'm doing a worship service at the Good Samaritan Nursing home. I do that once a year and I always enjoy doing them. I'll use the same worship service and sermon that I used this past Sunday so it is really no extra work. There will be about 30 + residents in attendance and some staff. Many of the residents will sleep through it and I don't mind. Pastor's from many of the local churches take part in providing a worship service once a week there. I have done this at a couple of other nursing homes but they have changed their programs and I don't now who provides services for them now.

Time Warner Cable came yesterday afternoon and I think they may have actually fixed our television reception problems. They took out all of our old DVR boxes and put in new ones and gave us new remote control devices. I really hope this took care of it.

I need to get a cup of coffee and head down to my office and get busy. As I do, I pray your day will be as bright as that beautiful blue sky out there. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment