Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Fog and Barges

The fog is dense this morning as we set around here. I was out earlier and took a couple of pictures of the river and the fog. As I was out there, I could hear a barge passing in front of me. I heard the water lapping against the shore and the sound of the engine but could see absolutely nothing. Julie had been out earlier as the fog was rolling in and got a couple of really good pictures of another barge coming though the fog. I could also hear the sound of the crows cawing somewhere fairly close and it immediately brought to mind Stephen King's "The Mist". I've often said though that I love a great foggy morning; --- as long as I don't have to drive through it.

Yesterday was a relaxing day and today will be no different, I suppose. Ms. Kate and Julie had to make a run to town to do some shopping and Auggie Dog and I sstayed home. Auggie slept and I addresses our Christmas cards. Ms. Kate handmade all of them, so the least I could do was to address and sign them. I haven't sealed them up because she likes to add a little personal note to them. Last year we didn't send out any cards at all. Ms. Kate planned to make all of the cards last year but we were so wrapped up with her aunt's stroke that we just didn't get around to it. I reckon folks figured that we had either died or just turned into social slugs.

Julie took a serious fall yesterday while she was filling the gas tank on the car. I think she tried to step over the hose and it was higher than she stepped and she did a face plannt on the concrete. She was limping pretty badly last night. With her RA, --- she certainly doesn't need another reason for pain. Bless her little heart. We put ice on it for awhile last night but we also took advantage of the hot tub here on the deck.

All of the cabins here have wrap around porches and they have bird feeders hanging on them. Mostly we get nut hatches, finshes, cardinals, and chick-a-dees. But there are still the eagles and crows, and ravens that pass overhead and fly up and down the river. There is a a lot of deer scat in the yard and the squirrels are everywhere, including up on the bird feeders on the porches. The fog has burned off now and there is hardly even a ripple on the river. Last night though, I was sitting ut here enjoying the full moon shining on the river as a barge came by. The barge was traveling with veruy little lights on and the moon dancing on the ripples and wave caused by the ebarge was  simply magic. It looked like    subsurface electric light traveling acrross the river. I've not seen anything like that before and I stood out there for a long time just enjoying it.

I tthink that is it for now. This is my second writing of my blog today. Cyberspace ate the first edition. But, now it is time to simply sit back and obey God's word to "Be still and know that I am God.".  Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment