Thursday, November 5, 2015

And Thursday follows Wednesday again this week. Amazing how that keeps happening. It's actually quite warm this morning (66 degrees) for a Novemebr 5th. All of that is to change by tomorrow though as the rain and storms move in tonight due to a cold front. Storms and tornados are already forming in the Texas and Oklahoma plains and I pray no one gets hurt. We are under a marginal risk for some severe weather here in the Ohio Valley corridor.

I'm up terribly early today; well for me it is terribly early. I got up at 0630 for a nature call and my hip and back are giving me fits too badly to try to lay back down. I pulled a muscle in my lower back and hip yesterday while working in the yard. It's a recurring thing that I do so I know that in a couple of days I'll be through with it. I took some Advil first thing this morning and Ms. Kate put some Voltarin on the area. I won't be dancing any Irish Jigs any time soon but then I don't know how to anyway.

We planted some more coral bells yesterday in the new flower bed. I also finally got that volunteer Tulip Poplar out of one of the old flower beds and transplanted into my front yard. (yes, that's when the hip went out.) I have decided to name my new tree "Ms. Harley" in honor of Jim and Julie's little dog that they just lost. In a few years that tree will make a great shade tree for the front of the house, assuming it grows. Right now it is only about three and a half feeet tall. I planted one just like it up at one of my churches about four years ago and it had grown to about twenty feet tall. Unfortunately the neighbors had a large oak tree cut down that was dead and when the oak tree came down, it wiped out my tulip poplar too. But considering that Ms. Harley was a volunteer to begin with, it will do fine.

We went to the churches yesterday afternoon to do our weekly Wednesday stuff, including staying for choir practice. We are working on the Christmas Cantata and it is coming along extremely well, or at least I think so. I still need to write the narrative for it. I know I've said it before, but we are so lucky to have a choir. So many churches don't have a choir anymore. I think a choir adds so much to the worship program. I wish we would sing more often; I'd be happy if we sang every week. But I'm grateful for the once a month that we do. I'm also grateful that they have agreed to sing the Christmas Cantata each year. They never did that before I asked them to do that about three or four years ago.

Before choir though, we went by our friend's house and pulled some fresh turnips. Ms. Kate does like her turnips and Bob and Georgia Ann raise a slew of them every year. We are welcome to pull all we want from them. We eat them peeled and sliced and raw. Many folks cook them and eat them as a side dish or some people mash them in with mashed potatos. But we don't like them cooked or even like the smell of them cooking.  So, we pulled maybe a dozen and a half. We'll share some with Julie when she gets here this evening. They are coming over here tonight to return my pickup as they head to Tennessee first thing tomorrow morning. I'll be glad to have my truck back home.

It would appear that I need to fill feeders again. That will be a slow process today with my hip being like it is. I also need to blow the leaves off of the sidewalk and away from the door. That won't bother me much as the blower isn't heavy. So, as I leave my recliner I send prayers for safe passage through the storms for everyone in their path and I pray for safe travels for Jim and Julie as they head to Tennessee and we head to Illinois tomorrow too. Never forget to stop and be grateful for the blessings that God gives you. God is Good --- all the time!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment