Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A bright and sunny "Good Morning" to you. Yes, I know it is Tuesday and I missed a day. I could have written yesterday afternoon but for what ever reason, it just seems really strange to write in the afternoon. I don't seem to be able to collect my thoughts as well for this particular genre'. And yet, I have no problem doing my other writing throughout the day, although late evenings are best.

I spent yesterday morning at the hospital with a family. My parishioner was having shoulder surgery an I always try to be there when my folks have surgery. I pray with them before they go in and generally wait through the surgery with the family. I left before she got out yesterday morning because I had another appointment coming up. But, she got out about fifteen minutes after I left and all went well.  She starts the painful physical therapy process already this morning. I've been there, done that, --- hate that. She knows what to expect because she has already had to have the other shoulder done. Another one of my folks has to have a hip replacement next week. As often as I have gone through this stuff with my folks and with Ms. Kathy and even with my own problems, I never cease to be amazed at what God allows us to do.  I look at the arms and legs that are built for and replaced for people these days and how well the recipients adjust to them and I find it almost unbelievable.

We lost a good friend last week; and it might sound strange for me to say that, but Julie and Jim had to have their old dog Harley put down. Harley had gotten ill to the point of zero quality of life and it was time for the kids to decide to do what was best for her. But, -- Harly was a real sweetie. She was gentle and she just had her Harley ways. She wouldn't really come to you and would stay "just out of reach" if you wanted to pet her. So, if you wanted to pet her, you had to do the work and get down with her. But anytime we went to their house, she would greet you, bark to you and wag her little tail and then go get a toy and bring it to you. You knew she was glad to see you. So we are all, --- including their other little dog, Auggie, grieving the loss of Harley. Ms. Kate and I went through this several years ago with our Cocker Spaniel, Lexie, and we still miss her.  But, we won't get another pet until we are done traveling, and maybe never.

We had a good Halloween around here. I probably had 50 - 60 kids who came for trick or treat. I sat out by the street on my John Deere tractor passing out the candy. I had my my mask and some of the kids wouldn't come to me while others wanted to take "selfies" with me. Yeh, "selfies" is a new term invented by the young smart-phone generation that can't seem to exist without taking a hundred pictures a day of themselves with their smart phone camera.  I don't understand the need, but then, I don't understand a lot of things about kids and people today. I reckon I really am getting old.

Time for me to get busy. I hope your day is a great one. I pray God will heap bleassings on you and bring peace and love to your life. Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment