Thursday, November 12, 2015

Sunny skies and a 22 mph wind this morning. If my shoe laces weren't tied, I'd lose my socks! It is supposed to be windy all day. The good news is that the severe storm threat that we had did not materialize, at least not here. The other good news is that I mulched all the leaves in my back yard yesterday and since my trees are now bare, I didn't get much in the way of new ones to have to mulch today.

The wind is making it a bit difficult for the smaller birds to hold on today. They come in for their landing and it blows them back a little and they have to regroup and press on. It doesn't seem to bother the cardinals nor the bluejays. Old Fuss-a-lot was here earlier and was raising a racket. It sounded like there might have been a second one out of might sight line and maybe that was what it was fussing about. I only have one squirrel so far this morning and it 's tail is really blowing in the wind. Maybe the rest of them are sleeping in and hunkering down from the cold wind. One of the things I like about the wind or breeze blowing though is listening to sound of my Corinthian Chimes hanging out there in the pussy willow tree. It's very melodic.

Ms. Kate planted some more iris yesterday. One of our parishioners gave us some iris at church on Sunday and she wanted to get them in the ground. The fellow said they were hybrid iris, what ever that means, but said they had way too any and had to thin theirs and offered us some. I reckon we will see come spring what they may look like. We also got the asparagas cut back yesterday which we had  been meaning to get done. We had intended to slip some roses this fall too and haven't done that yet. It may be too late, I doon't know. Ms. Kate is the expert on that. We're thinking that maybe if they do well, we'll be able to give Julie some in the spring to plant in her yard. That's how we have added to our rose beds around here.

Today's activities have to including writing my sermon for next week. Then I need to go up to the church and get a little work done up there. This coming Sunday is the day we wrap up our Operation Christmas Child drive. We have a lot of stuff collected and sitting down at St. Lucas but we are going to meet at St. Paul's to assemble and fill the boxes, so I need to get that stuff all moved. I know I could ask for help in doing that, --- but that just isn't my way. I make a lot of work for myself by not asking for help. I'm really hoping though we have a good turnout to help put the boxes together etc. For that, I definiitely asked for help.

I've poured my second cup of coffee and now I think I'll read a little Max Lucado and listen to a bit of southern gospek for my morning contemplation with the Lord. Did you know God reaally likes southern gospel??  I hope your day is as sunny as our sky is today and is filled with blessings.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment