Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! This is Wednesday evening and not yet Thanksgiving day but I won't be blogging tomorrow.  We are having a truly relaxing time here at the cabin altough we did have to make a run to the house today. I called it a re-supply mission. We took home some of the things that we no longer needed and picked up some things that we were short of here in the cabin. As nice as it is, it could be better supplied. It is okay for a weekend or or a couple of nights but not really well equipped for doing a Thanksgiving meal or for a week stay. So, we picked up a couple of pans, and some ingrediants we needed and headed on back. The trip is 90 miles one way but what the heck.

Ms. Kate did Calzones for supper and they were delicious. This afternoon though she made three pies; an apple, a pumpkin, and a chocolate. She brought the turkey with us so that is already cooked. So, tomorrow I hope will not be a day of stressful cooking and stuff. It will just be Ms. Kate, Julie, Jim, me and maybe Karen will drive over from Newburgh. Relaxing needs to be the order of the day as has been most of the time since we have ben here. I have spent hours sitting either on the porch or down by the river just watching the eagles and the barges go by, and listening to my IPod. This was exactly the kind of vacation I had hoped for.

As I look back over the past year I know that I have so very much to be thankful for. It has been a year of losses in the family; Kathy's Aunt had a stroke a year ago and had to lay in a hospital bed for six months before God mercifully took her home. My mother had a stroke also and was fortunate enough to pass within two weeks and even more blessed that she never woke up after the stroke. And God took Byron home and away from his terrible battle with cancer. God does work in mysterious ways.  But, on the good side of things, Lauren graduated from High school, joined the ranks of the professional Women's Moto Cross racers, and has a job. Heather is engaged to a wonderful guy and we will go to California in April and I will marry them. Lisa and Gary started their own business and it is going well, and Julie and Jim bought their first house ever. Things have gone very well at the churches, and Ms. Kate and I still have pretty good health. We have so much to be thankful for.

I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with good eats, relaxation, and a chancee to give credit to the God in heaven who made it all possible.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment