Monday, November 9, 2015

A new week; a whole new set of opportunities. That's the neat thing about Monday; we just don't know what the week will hold for us. I can look at my calendar and see several things listed for the week. I can listen to the weather and hear predictions for the week. But one never knows the actuality of it all until the week has become history. How's that for feet fresh on a morning floor thinking?

It is a brisk 34 degree morning and mostly cloudy. The back yard has filled up with birds now that I am out here. When I came out to the sun porch, yellow cat and calico cat were both out here. But they took off as soon as they saw me. No free breakfast from my yard this morning for those two guys. Now the cardinals are in for the buffet. Some are eating from the feeders and some are cleaning up the spilled seed under the feeders. Mr. Fuss-a-lot, the bluejay is here making a racket,  as is the larger red-headed woodpecker. The two of them have no problem with pecking at one another for food and dominance on a feeder.

It has been a busy and productive weekend for me. I finished writing the narrative for the Christmas Cantata. It wasn't or isn't a big deal but it was on my plate of things to do and it does take some time to collect my thoughts and put them down so that they make sense. Last evening I put together a couple of up-coming worship services and began working on putting together Advent Wreath Candle lighting litanys for the families to read as they light the candles each of the four Sundays of Advent and Christmas Eve. I'm not creating these litanys but I am having to type them up from one of my resource books. It just all takes time to find a good source and get it down on paper.

Today I have to be at the hospital for a parishioner that is having a hip replacement, then be home in time for the Time Warner Cable people to come and maybe finally figure out why we get such messed up television reception. Then this evening we go to our friend's house for dinner. Some time in between there I need to practice my trumpet solo for Sunday and maybe get some more writing done. I have this Sunday's sermon written, but not next weeks and tomorrow is just as busy as today. Oh, and I really need to take thirty minutes or so and blow off my back walk and flowerbeds one more time and mulch up the leaves yet again. As I said in the beginning --- a whole new set of opportunities!

But --- before I begin all of that  I must stop and give thanks to God that I have all of these opportunities to face. I'm alive, I'm well, and I'm covered and overwhelmed with the blessings that God has provided. Once again I look at my life and just am amazed at what God has favored me with; a loving family, not one but two successful careers, and the trust in me to use me to spread the Gospel. God is good --- all the time. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment