Saturday, November 28, 2015

It is Saturday morning and the last day of our vacation. We'll pack everything up in the morning and head on back down the road to "real-world". It has been a blessing to be here though and enjoy a week with Julie and Jim. I would love to have had the rest of the family here but that wasn't possible so we just enjoy the blessings as they come.

There was no beautiful sunrise this morning, just clouds and a bit of a drizzle. In fact, I'm not sure that what I see isn't just residual rain drops coming off of the roof. But it is a dreary looking morning if that is how you want to think. I'd prefer to call it a cloudy, slightly foggy morning where the world seems at peace. One barge has just passed and is now rounding the second bend to the right while another is just off to my left as it comes down the river. The intriguing thing though is --- "the box". There was a brown box, about the size of a cooler or a chest, slowly floating down the river. I would loved to have had a good fishing pole to try and cast out and see if I could snag it and bring it in. Although Ms. Kate says "you may not want to know what is in there", my curiosity is peaked and my imagination is running wild. I want to know what is in "the box".

It has been fairly quiet out here this morning. The people in the cabin to the right packed up and left about 30 minutes ago. The people in the cabin to the left have been out and moving around. but have gone back inside now. Beyond that, the only sound is and has been the birds which have been flying in and out of here. One titmouse flew close enough to literally brush my hair with the wind from its wings. The single bird feeder is empty and they keep coming back to try to get something from it. Ms. Kate suggested that I crumble up a bun and put that out for them and that is what I have done. But, they haven't discovered it yet. I scattered it along the railing about five feet in front of me.

We didn't do much yesterday, or at least Ms. Kate and I didn't. Jim had ordered a new filter for his large fish tank at home yesterday on the "Black Friday" special. Unfortunately, it had to be picked up in the store yesterday and the store was an hour away. That meant they had to get out in that horrible Black Friday traffic to go get it. And --- when they got there they found out that the store was out of it and had been since early morning. They were supposed to have gotten an "out of stock" email. Well, they did get the email; --- it came through as they were standing there in the store. They were not happy campers.

I think the plan is for me to make pancakes this morning so I better go get to mixing up some batter. Lord knows we wouldn't want to take a chance on starving around here. LOL   We have enough leftovers that we should eat good all week.

I hope you have the time to sit and enjoy your weekend. Take time to give thanks to God who made it all possible. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment