Friday, September 26, 2014

I didn't write yesterday and I'm late getting at it today. And --- it will most likely be short today since we have company. Sheila and Byron are here for a visit this weekend so now we are visiting our little brains out.

Yesterday was a day of running around and taking care of things on the "to do" list. We finished up and got home about ten minutes before our company arrived. I don't know how much my errands accomplished but, --- Ms. Kate made two apple pies and a cherry pineapple dessert. I've renamed that one "the disappearing cake" because that seems to be what happens to it.

We've been up early this morning and have been in the sunporch watching the birds and enjoying the day. It is now warm enough to open up the glass doors and let a gentle breeze come in through the screens.

Today is going to be doing some running around that Sheila and Byron want to do. They want to go to the family cemeteries and drive around to the farm ground they own, look at the crops etc., so it will be a fun afternoon.

Today I'm offering up prayers of thanksgiving that our company was able to be here. I'm grateful that Byron is doing well enough with his cancer to be able to travel. That tells me that prayers are being favorably answered to some degree.

With that in mind, I'm "off to see the wizard; the wonderful wizard of Oz!"

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment