Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I'm up well before the sun crests the roof top this morning. It is hitting the Tulip Poplar trees here in the yard, but then they are quite tall. And, --- I just noticed how yellow the leaves are on them. I'll be raking them up before very long, that's for sure.

It is a chilly 46° this morning and our high today won't climb above about 71° . Today is officially the first day of fall and it feels like it. The  year just keeps on rolling along. Not that I want to depress anyone, but that means that Christmas is only about 95 days away. Yikes! I wonder what Ms. Kate would like for Christmas and her birthday? Her birthday happens to be on Chrismas Eve which basically means she gets cheated out of any real chance at celebration, especially now that we spend our Christmas Eve doing two church services. Come to think about it, due to my careers, she has missed out on a lot of holiday celebrations. As a military commander for many, many years, we would spend our holidays either serving the meal in the dining facility to the troops, or we would go be out working the security posts and law enforcement desk so the young married troops could be home for holiday meals with their family. Yeh, --- maybe it is about time I retired and let her have a life too.

I spent the best part of five hours out in the yard yesterday just workng on one flowerbed. It looks the best it has looked in several months but now I need to mix up some round-up and spray all of the weeds and grass that is in there. Then, I need to get a load of mulch and put on that bed. There are places in this country that I could go to the local Lowes or Home Depot parking lot and pick up a couple of day laborers and have some help doing all of this. But, we don't have that availiability. And --- maybe that is a good thing.

There is much to be thankful for on this beautiful day. The sun is shining, the air is clear, Ms. Kate and I have our health, well, thanks to good doctors and better pills, and I have had the chance to sit and message back and forth with at least one of my daughters. We have family coming in for the weekend and my lfe is full of God's peace. It doesn't get much better than that. Not every day is all bright and shiney but most days in my life are just plain good days.

My Red headed Woodpecker is here as is Mr. Buzzwing and a couple of friends. Just two more blessings to add to an already crowded day. I hope your day will be just as full of peace and love. Never forget that God walks with you and will help you over the rough spots along the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment