Friday, September 5, 2014

The yard is still relatively quiet this morning. Even the Bluejay came in without fanfare. Most days it loudly announces its presence but today, nothing. Perhaps it is a different one or perhaps it didn't have a prospective mate that it needed to impress this morning. Most likely I'm a few minutes early today and the gang just hasn't arrived yet. They are extremely regular in their feeding habits.

I told you yesterday that I had two things on my agenda; get a hair cut and work on next week's sermon. Well, I got the haircut, which led to eating lunch out, which led to a trip to Walmart. I did finally get around to my computer and began putting down ideas for my message and looking up scriptures, and doing some research for stuff through several of my books. With all of that in mind, I looked at the worship service I had planned; --- and scratched it, --- and started all over again and put together a whole new service. So, while I have a new and I hope better, worship service, I'm still only barely past concept on writing the sermon. And people say we pastors only work one hour a week!

So, today's agenda includes mowing the front yard and Dan's yard and writing. This evening we have a wedding rehearsal and dinner. Although I mowed earlier this week, I had raised the blade a quarter of an inch to prevent leaving a lot of clumps. The grass has gotten tall because of all the rain. Today I'm putting the blade back down and getting us all cleaned up for the weekend, --- and more rain which is to come in tonight and tomorrow. Dan's going to be gone for several more weeks so I keep his yard looking good too. It's what neighbors should do, I think.

Ms. Kate and I are planning on a couple of trips yet this year. Our first one will be to Berea, KY and then up to the Berllin, Ohio area and Amish territory. We love going to Amish areas. We have stayed in several bed and breakfasts in Amish areas and it is alwys so peaceful to sit on the front porch and listen for the clip - clop of the horses hooves on the pavement as they drive their buggies back and forth. Last year we went to Lancaster, PA to experience this and were so very disappointed at how very rudely the non-Amish were to the Amish people. It would appear that they were trying to push out the very reason visitors would want to come to that area. What a shame.

The last of my coffee has gone cold and the morning is getting long and warmer, so I better get busy. The weekend is upon us and that includes the Sabbath. Whether you have taken the time or had the time to realize it, God has filled your life with an abundance of blessings. Remember the Sabbath, and keep it holy. Attend a worship service this week and join others who are there to celebrate the gifts that God has given them. There is strength in numbers, especially when it comes to prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment