Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ahhh, Saturday morning; the weekend has arrived. I recall a time when those would have been my thoughts. But, as a minister, the weekend gets to be whatever couple of days one can put together, and the normal "weekend" is actually the beginning of my work week.

We had a wedding rehearsal last evening and I'm glad to say it went extremely well. The participants were pretty much on time. They were well behaved and paid good attention to instruction and detail. That isn't always the case. Almost always someone is a half hour late and the participants are often noisy and pay little attention, or spend their time joking around. If the wedding today goes as well as the rehearsal; --- it will be great.

It is a cloudy morning and 74° out there. The humidity is low and it feels great. I hope we don't have rain though at wedding time. But, they will be just as married whether it rains or not. It is a Goldfinch morning at the feeders. I love it when bunches of them fly in at one time. It looks like a bunch of yellow lights hanging on the branches and feeders, especially if the sun is shining on them. I filled the smaller of the finch feeders a few minutes ago and there are currently nine Finches on it. That's very cool.

Sometimes I just love the technology of today. I stopped in the middle of my blog to "talk to my family". I've been in a six-way conversation via Facebook messenger. Ms. Kate is on back in her office. Heather is on in Calfornia, Julie is on over in New Albany, Indiana, Lisa is on down in North Carolina, and Josh is on up in Massachussettes. And we are all visiting like we are in the same room. I absolutely love that we can do that.

My Nook just informed me that I am getting critically low on my battery, another part of technology! So, I'll wind this up. I hope your Saturday is full of warm thoughts and feeling the presence of God's love in your lfe. Call or talk to a loved one today. That act has already made my day perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment