Thursday, September 18, 2014

Where is my time going today???: Here it is a quarter to eleven and I haven't even started my blog. The problem is that I can't get my mind focused today and I keep jumping around doing other things. I'll bet you all have those kind of days too. Unfortunately, at the end of those kind of days, I look back and wonder if I got anything accomplished at all.So, it is time for me to settle down and write and clear my mind a bit. I know God likes a busy person but I'm not so sure about a cluttered mind.

It is 61 degrees this morning and I have opened up the doors to the sunporch and am letting the fresh air come in through the screen. It feels wonderful. Of course I had to close of the door to the main house because I'd be hearing from my lady that she is freezing to death. I think she would be cold at the equator and I'd be hot at the North Pole. I hear so many couples say that they are the same way in their homes. God sure made some strange combinations when He made people.

We were up at the churches yesterday after I did my visitation and they were gathering the corn right next to the church. We sat and watched for quite awhile. We love to watch the harvest being done. My farmers probably think we are a little weird but it is a treat to us to get to watch it being done. The technology that is built in to those machines these days is simply amazing. I was talking to Alan Kruse, who was doing the harvesting, about the difference between what he was doing and how I used to watch my Grandpa Heumann do it with his two-row pull-along corn picker and his old Oliver tractor. Now, everything is GPS guided for both the planting and the harvesting. They don't even stop to empty the hopper. They just pull the truck along side of the combine and dump it as they continue to harvest, and it only takes a minute or two to empty the hopper. As a kid in church Youth Fellowship, we used to go out and "gleen" the the fields for the farmers to make money. Now, there is nothing left in the field but ground fodder and ground corn cobs.

Sheila and Byron are back at the doctor's today, I think to have his port removed. So, I'm praying that all goes well. I would think that extraction would be easier than having it put in, but what do I know. I also heard my our friend at the church that we were concerned about and they are gong to have to now go in and do a needle biopsy because they didn't get what they needed last time. I'm not sure what a needle biopsy really entails, --- but nothing about it sounds pleasant. I just hope and we pray it is successful and that they determine that she has nothing to worry about.

Well, I have set here long enough. My back yard friends have all eaten and gone for now. I'll have to refill a couple of feeders again today.

So, as I depart, I give thanks today for this beautiful, cool day that the Lord has provided. It is energizing to be out in it. I also give thanks for my wonderful and loving family. I do wish they all lived closer so we could see them more frequently, but then I also find that many that have that luxury never take advantage of it. So maybe our distance only makes us appreciate our times we do have together all the more.

Have a most blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment