Monday, September 15, 2014

Ahhh, my recliner and my sunporch, --- I've missed them these past couple of days. This was a busy weekend but it was really a good weekend too. We had great fellowship with our parishioners at the Harvest Breakfast on Saturday morning. It wasn't a large affair, about 30 people or so, but Ms. Kate fixed a wonderful breakfast for everyone and everyone enjoyed it. This was our sixth year to do this.

Yesterday we had good worship at both churhes. Our denomination, or at least our two churches, are not of a demonstrative nature with their worship. We use traditional music, traditional style of liturgical readings and so on. Yesterday I got them involved in a little active participation as we raised our voices in a more boistrous sermon and song celebration. I think most enjoyed it, although they wouldn't want to do it every Sunday. It was simply my attempt to say that worship of God should be joyful and considered an honor to participte in.

I came home yesterday afternoon and noticed that all of my feeders were empty. So, I filled all but one of them and then I ran out of sunflower seed. I hadn't walked twenty feet from the first few and already had five Downy Woodpeckers flew in. I was doing this about 5:30 in the evening which is "second-feeding" time for most everything. I had a Cardinal  land on a feeder just as I took my hands off of it. Before long there were birds everywhere. This morning it looks like the Atlanta airport out there with all of the birds flying in and out. It might have something to do with the temperature being 56° this morning when I came out here..

This is a week of waiting and anticipating. We are waiting for Sheila and Byron to see his oncologist and find out the results of this six week procedure that he just went through. One of my parishioners is to go to her doctor today to hear the results of her testing last week. We are of course praying for good results all around. If, however, the results are not what we want to hear, --- then we must rely on the guidance of our  great God who has the plan we are following. After all, our faith is all we really have. Our faith is the only thing we take to our grave. We have faith that our Bible and God's promises contained therein are true. We have faith that there is eternal life after we pass on. We have faith that what ever happens in this life is by some unknown plan and that God will be beside us through every light or dark moment we experience. I honestly don't know how people without faith survive. It must be terribly lonely in their little world.

So, this morning I give thanks to God for a brand new week that I am sure will be filled with opportunities to be of some kind of service to others. I thank God for my family and my faith family, and all my friends. I thank God for this wonderful gift of an opportunity to serve my two churches. I lift up prayers for strength and peace of mind for those who are waiting on medical test results . And, I lift up those of you who read this and say it helps them through your day. God bless you on this beautiful crisp fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment