Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A very excellent morning to you! I have a cloudy, warm, 75° morning with rain and  storms on the way. We are at the point where some rain wouldn't hurt. Although, the farmers are beginning to bring the corn in so they may be a bit iffy about getting very much rain.

I didn't get to you yesterday. There was too much on the proverbial plate. I spent my morning in a Pastor's Circle meeting and the rest of the day was crowded too. I hate it when I don't get my porch time in the mornings and even have to take my coffee onthe run. But, we all have those days don't we? Today won't be a lot better. But for right now, I'm being grateful for my morning and I think the Goldfinches and Cardinals may be being grateful that I filled all of the feeders last evening.

My hummingbird is back this morning. It is visiting each little flower out there on the phlox, then it buzzez over to the roses, then it will sit up on a branch for a bit. I suspect it will be moving on to where ever it migrates to fairly soon. The fact that I fill so many feeders all year, keeps a lot of birds here year around. I also keep heated bird baths during the winter so they always have fresh water to drink when everything else is frozen over. I just read an article on Facebook that said the upper mid-west, the Ohio valley, and the north east will have record shattering snow this winter and the cold and freezing temps to go with it. I'm hoping that prediction was simply by some alarmist. The article also said most meteorologist are discounting it. But this guy was saying now is the time prepare and stock up on things like powdwered milk and put bread in the freezer etc. Who knows what will happen? As for me and my "weather predictors" --- I've only seen one wooly worm so far this fall, and it was really dark, but the Goldfinches have not yet started losing their color. To me that says we don't need to break out the parkas just yet.

We went to the orchard Monday and picked so apples. They ar delicious. Ms. Kate turned some of them into pie yesterday while I was at my meeting. She is one fantastic cook. Saturday she is cooking for the parish as she and I host the sixth annual harvest breakfast. She has a wonderful menu planned.

Today I do pastoral visitation. Then we go to the church and run the bulletins and get things kind of set up for both the Saturday breakfast and the  Sunday services. This evening we have choir practice. So, it is time to lean the recliner forward and get busy. Of course I must first address the great God that makes my life possible and keeps the abundance of my blessings flowing. With out the presence of Christ in my life, I would be nothing and I am so very grateful for this life that I have been given to live. I lift up each and everyone of you this morning. I hope your day is filled with love and joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment