Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Overcast and 59° this morning as I sit down in my chair and take the first sips of my coffee. I certainly don't need the ceiling fan on this morning. While it might look like rain out there, I doubt it will.

Yesterday was a busy one for Ms. Kate and I. We had early errands to run including a trip up to the churches to bring home the remainder of the stuff we had used for the harvest breakfast. But, we also got the laundry done and the yards mowed and back in shape. Today will have to be an all-day writing day for me. I'm not getting ahead like I want to. We have a couple of vacation weeks coming up and that means working ahead. I should have worked later last evening but wasted my time watching Dancing With the Stars instead. I don't know why I watch that show. It isn't particularly good and they don't have any real "stars", but I tune it in every week. I've watched for so many years now that I can predict the judges scores before they give them. And to think, I could have been watching a rerun of Star Trek for the 1130th time.

Yesterday was not a good news day for the folks I wrote about in my blog. Sheila and Byron found out that his "numbers" have climbed again and that they have pushed his oncologist appointment up. They are holding on to the hope that the Provenge treatment just hasn't taken hold yet. So, we all continue to wait and pray. The other person of whom I spoke, met with her doctor yesterday and found out that they were unable to collect enough sample from her tests, so she will have to go back for more consoltation. On the good news front, another person on our prayer list had a successful surgery with removal of several lymph nodes this week and now appears to be cancer free. So, we give God praise for that. At the same time, we ask for continued strength for those who did not get the news they were looking for. The true facts of life are that sometimes, --- reality just totally sucks. Sometimes, God simply says "no" to our pleading and I have to believe it is because God has a better plan or idea. The bottom line is that while none of us want to lose a loved one, --- we all eventually die. But --- death is just one more step in our eternal journey; a journey that began with God and ends with us being back in the presence of God. And, I believe that when we do pass through that veil, all our loved ones will be waiting there for us.

Enough thoughts about that. For now, I think I'll just give God praise for the "here and now". As our friend Betty told Sheila, just keep singing "One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus; one day at a time. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment