Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wonderful! The sun has come back to brighten the world. I've missed seeing that for the past couple of days. Of course, as the weatherman said; when the cloud cover lifted, it let all the heat out, which is why it is a crisp 52° this morning.

I love it when the sun peeks over the roof and first hits the flowers that bloom back here. Of course the flowers are going into their fall mode and most of the blooms are gone. But we still have some phlox, some knockout roses, and a few petunias for the Hummingbird to choose from. I'm really surprised the Hummingbird is  still here.

I have two large Downy Woodpeckers again this morning. At least, I assume that is what they are. They look identical to the small ones we always have except they are at least twice as big. They really do like the bark butter paste and the bark butter bits.

The color on the Goldfinches is slowly starting to fade. They aren't nearly as brilliantly colored as they were even a week ago. I wonder why they change color? Perhaps it is a cammoflage thing to protect them from larger birds of prey like the hawks. More than once we have had big Hawks swoop down and snatch one off of a limb and sit there and eat it. Such is the world of instinct and survival.

I had to go see my doctor this morning. I'm having a minor problem with my thumb and it is affecting my ability to grip stuff. Doc thinks it is probably just degenerative arthritis. But, I told her it is affecting my ability to hold my coffee cup so fix it. She gave me some pills, -- which is great because I was afraid she would give me shot in that joint. I was prepared to be a woose about it. I bribed Ms. Kate into going with me by promising her breakfast out.

Today is visitation day and I get to go see Ms. Charlotte. They have moved her to what they call "the Cottages". It is the alzheimers/dementia portion of the nursing home. Now that her hip and leg have healed sufficiently to allow her to wheel herself around the facility, they need to insure she doesn't wheel herself out of the place. I hope she has a nice room with a nice view. She does love sitting and looking out the window.

So, knowing I have a lot to do yet today, I better get with the program. My prayers today are for peace of mind and love for all my family and friends. I pray each of you will sit quietly for a moment or two and soak in the power and blessings offered through the Holy Spirit. Just three minutes of mind clearing, uninterrupted silence is enough time to feel God's presence and experience His love. Try it. You will love what it can do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment