Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I'm up, --- but not necessarily "at 'em". The coffee tastes especially good this morning for some reason. Maybe it is because I'm not fully awake yet. But, I've read my email, checked the weather report on my Nook, and read all the latest comments from Facebook; so it is time to write my blog and then get busy.

It is a nice sunny 69° morning and I intend to tackle at least one flowerbed this morning and pull weeds. They have gotten so out of control again that there could be tigers hiding in them; well, maybe small tigers. But, you get the point. They look unloved and that is unacceptable.

I have one squirrel out there this morning. That is the first one this week. The backyard is busy though. There are several Cardinals at the feeders and this morning I have several Doves cleaning up the ground under the feeders. There are also several Finches of different varieties, and one lone Chickadee grabbing a sunflower seed here and there. I also have a single Hummingbird buzzing back and forth between the rose blooms and the phlox. What a blessed, peaceful place I have in which to start my day and enjoy God's creation every morning. I have Ms. Kate's dear departed mother to thank for that. We had wanted to put a sunroom out here over the patio but it wasn't in the budget. When she passed on, she left us enough money to be able to build it. She would have absolutely loved this room. I suspect she occassionaly sits here with me as I enjoy this setting. I think of her often. She did love her flowers and loved to feed her birds too. So, --- this is as much "Mom's room" as it is mine.

I'm thinking that Fall may come early this year. I have noticed that the trees are already getting just a tad bit thinner in their foliage. This pussy willow tree right outside my sunroom loses more and more leaves every day. I'm betting in two weeks there won't be a leaf left on it.

As I sit here looking out; there is just so much to remind me of the glory that is the love of God. That infinite blue sky overhead  reminds me of the endless love and grace and blessings that God has for each and every one of us. The myriad of trees and foliage that surrounds this yard remind me of the constant protection of God's loving arms. The constant flitting and fluttering of all my beautiful birds give me a hint of the business of heaven as the angels flit back and forth joyfully doing the work that God has for them to do.

Now it is time for me to do some work and go tend God's flowerbeds. My prayers are for all of us to have a peaceful and Holy Spirit filled day. With God standing by you and Jesus Christ holding your hand; --- how can it be any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment