Friday, September 19, 2014

The sun seems especially bright this morning for some reason. The temperature is 58° but it doesn't feel all that cool when I'm not in the shade.

I had to fill the feeders again last evening. My little flying pigs had cleaned out several of them. I suspect they will be eating more what with the days beginning to be a little cooler. The Finches seem especially hungry these days. Mr. Buzzwing is still here and now has a buddy. Of course, with the nature of Hummingbirds, they will spend more time chasing each other off than they will actually eating. They are terribly territorial. They are a lot of fun to watch.

The Titmouse twins are here again this morning and I'm beginning to have more Chickadees. I always think of Chickadees as "winter birds", probably because so many Christmas cards will have a picture of Chickadees in the snow on them.

We toyed with the idea of driving over to Louisville, KY today for lunch at PF Chang. But that would rip six hours out of a day that we could get some good outside work done. We have company coming for a few days next weekend and there is stuff to be done to ready everything for a visit. The week after that we are going on vacation, so --- we'll play some other day.

Tomorrow I have a wedding to do. It is a couple slightly younger than me. Both are widowed and are nice folks. I'm glad they found each other and make each other happy. They want it to be a small, intimate wedding and that is what we have planned. Then, we'll go to the Log Inn for some fried chicken and extra cold beer. Yes, some preachers do enjoy a cold beer and --- no, it isn't a sin. (Although my mother thinks it is and my father probably turns over in his grave.)

This morning I'm blessed with extra Golfinches. Many have already turned color but some are still as brilliant as ever. I have a special little water dish for them and when they set there the sun hits them just right. It looks like special little blessing drops from heaven.

I need to close this and get busy. Ms. Kate is already busy cleaning house this morning and I'm relaxing out here watching birds and having coffee. The weekend  is here. I hope you can take some time and enjoy God's creation. Take some time and offer thanks to God, who is our only true source of power and strength. Read Phillipians 4:13, "For I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Use that as your mantra today. Blessings to you on this wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment