Monday, September 22, 2014

If there is such a thing as a picture perfect morning and morning sky, today would be it. The sky is a brilliant blue with just the right amount of fluffy white clouds in it. The sun is shining brightly and the temperature is a very comfortable 56°. The coffee is hot, the chair is comfortable, and the backyard friends are abundant. --- Yeh,  I'm going to be here for a bit.

Ms. Kate and I sat out here yesterday afternoon for quite a while. (Rumor is we may in fact dozed off for a bit.) It was very pleasant. There were lot of birds out and we had three Hummingbirds out there fussing and buzzing, and fighting over the phlox. It is getting far enough along that I could cut it off and clean up that flower bed but as long as the birds are enjoying it, especially the Hummingbirds, I'll let it alone. We had three different varieties of Woodpeckers here yesterday too. It will be interesting to see if they will stick around or migrate for the winter.

We had good worship services yesterday. Ms. Kate had come across an article on the computer and given it to me to read. It was perfect for use as my message yesterday. I had a lot of positive feedback about it. Sometimes things just work out exactly right and the intended inspiration comes through. Those days are especially gratifying. It is also those days that I utter thanks to God for the words to use.

There is much to do this week. Sheila and Byron are coming down along with my niece Lori and her family. They are here for a reality based trip of making plans for cemetery headstones and and those kinds of things. These are things that we never want to do, but prior planning for death events is the way to do things. Ms. Kate and I bought our plots and headstones some thirty or thirty five years ago and we have done the pre-planning and paid for her funeral already. We still need to pay for mine and should get that done. It just relieves the family of stress they don't need at a time when the rest of the world is upside down. And, --- it is so very much more cost effective because the family isn't letting their sorrow and emotions rule their wallet.

God has given us a beautiful day so I need to put on my work clothes and get in the front flowerbeds. I got one cleaned out last week but this is the perfect weather to work outside. I can do my writing tonight. Besides, I read the scriptures that I have to work with for this particular sermon, --- and haven't got a clue what to do with them. Maybe God and I can talk while I'm cutting out some of the saplings and weeds from my flowerbeds. In the meantime, I hope your day has no weeds and your spiritual flowerbed blooms full. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment