Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Well, the good news is that I didn't have to buy any goats! I got the yards, ours and Dan's, all mowed. The bad news is that it rained another couple of inches last night and the grass is going to grow like crazy. The good news is, --- I get to play on my Little John Deere again this week to keep up with the lawn. The bad news is  --- there is no time in my schedule this week to do that. Ahhhh; the ying and yang of life.

The weather forecaster was pretty spot on as to when the rain and thunderstorms were to hit. I first heard them around 5:30 this morning. Right now it is still outside and the sun peeked through for only about two minutes. But, it appears that more rain is imminent. The sky has darkened again..

Mr. Fuss-a-lot, the Bluejay has arrived this morning and is grabbing up his share of the bark butter and the suet cake. I also see around eight Cardinals out on the sun flower feeders enjoying their breakkfast. Mr. And Mrs. Titmouse were in too. I never see just one; they are always together. I know that some birds mate for life and I wonder if they do. Hopefully I'll remember to look that up.

The Downy and the Redheaded "Hairy" Woodpeckers have been busy on the feeders this morning. I haven't seen a single squirrel in the yard this week. There was one in the neighbor's tree this morning but it is gone now. I imagine they are busy cutting leaves for their winter nests about now. It would be wonderful if they moved to a different county! With out the squirrels, my feeding bill would be cut by two thirds. I noticed Sunday that I need to pick up another fifty pound bag of sun flower seeds. At least it is going for a reletively low price now. It was up to almost $40.00 a bag for awhile.

I have to take the convertible in for a lube and oil change. Unfortunately I also have a wobble in the front end when I apply the brakes. That could mean any number of things; none of which are cheap. But, cars only last if you take care of them. We are very routine about our maintenance. I'll see if Ms. Kate wants to follow me down, drop off the car and then we'll go to breakfast. That sounds like a workable plan to me.

I was able to get my sermon for this Sunday written yesterday. The words finally began to flow, thank you Lord, and it came together nicely. I am so blessed that God continues to give me the ability to write and speak His word. I am also blessed that I was allowed to share God's word at two wonderful family churches. The fit has been perfect these past ten years. They have become such a special part of the lives of both me and Ms. Kate. So my prayer this morning is a prayer of gratutude to God for God's wisdom and guidance. I hope you take the time today to thank God for the blessings in your life. Have a wonderful day.

1 comment: