Tuesday, June 6, 2023

 Hello to you on a warm, ozone warning Tuesday afternoon. I've been down here working in my office most of the afternoon. I've been putting together worship services and working on sermons in order to get ahead just a little. I hope to get two or three services ahead so I can work on the Bible Study on Job. Old Job just kind of sits there on the corner of my desk, looking at me as if to say -- "Ya' got a lot of work to do here, Bud!"

I may have told you that I'm working on a sermon series. I am anxious to work on the last  sermon of the series because I have a lot of things that I want to include in it, but --- I got to do them in order, although I do have the actual worship services all done for them. 

We of course started our day off by going to the radiology clinic. Kate now has only seven more treatments to do. I'm so proud of her. The effects of the radiation are starting to be more visible now as was predicted by the doctor. " Her radiation "suntan" has become quite visible and the treatment area grow a bit more sore now with each treatment. But -- she is a trooper and doesn't complain too much. She has creams that she is supposed to use to help with all of that and they do help some. We just thank God that this will not be followed up by chemotherapy. This all could have been so very much worse. 

After treatment today we stopped at Sam's Club and filled the tank up with gas. Gas was $3.09 a gallon today and I as getting a little low. From there we went to the Friendship Diner for breakfast. We really like that place. The food is really good, the portions are huge, and the service is described by it name: Friendship. It id definitely a "locals" place as the waitresses know many of the customers by their first name. I like a place like that. And Ms. Kate and I are the right age to fit in with the clientele. Once Ms. Kate finishes up with her treatments, I doubt we will be going out to breakfast like we do now. It will be back to the occasional bagel or something else like that. But --- breakfast out has been a nice reward for both of us. I'm a sucker for a Veggie Skillet with extra white gravy on it. 

I spent a bunch of time on the computer with the VRBO site looking for a family reunion site for June of 2024. I added the family up and we will have 23 people if everyone makes it. We'll round up to 24 and invite Kate's sister Karen along. I found a place in Kentucky, just south of Lexington that will really work for us and the price is too good to be true. I sent the link to all of the family and asked for a quick turnaround as to approval of place and dates. I don't want to lose this place and if I wait too long, it will be gone for sure. 

That's it --- Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment