Thursday, June 29, 2023

 What a day this has been. We have had storms and rain all day long. The entire Tri-state area got hit pretty hard. But praise the Lord no tornadoes and so far I have only heard of one injury. A mobile home was blown apart and a man was trapped inside of the debris. Up in Gibson County where my churches are, I was told by one parishioner that they had 3.5 inches of rain today. I don’t know how much we got here because when our power went out my weather gauge quit. Bummer. I’m watching the news right now and I reckon the weather dude will tell us how much we got at the airport which is just a mile from here. 

We haven't done much else today other than sit around and watch the storms. But, we did have a highlight of our day. Our neighbor, Minh, came over in the middle of a heavy rain carrying a bunch of egg rolls that she had made and a dish full of pineapple and cantaloupe, Minh (she's Vietnamese) makes the best egg rolls of any one that I know and we always feel so blessed when she shares. But, -- to bring them over in the middle of a rainstorm ---- like ,who does that??? And she wasn't even using an umbrella. She just puts on her little straw hat and here she comes, -- still in her pajamas of all things. I offered her an umbrella but she said "no". We had them for supper and they were delicious. 

It is now a quarter to nine at night and the storms are still rolling through on and off. BUt -- I give all praise to God for the rain. We really needed it. 

Have a blessed night. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment