Friday, June 2, 2023

 Happy Friday on a scorching 92 degree afternoon. The air is wonky again today so I don’t want to be going outside. I have the news on right now and the weather guy said to expect the same thing again tomorrow. Not a good thing. 

We took Ms. Kate for her radiation treatment first thing again today. Instead of waiting for her like I always do, I dropped her off and went to Donut Bank and picked up a dozen pastries. It is “National Donut” Day and I had to do my part. LOL As of today she only has nine more treatments. She is handling it well. Despite certain amounts of discomfort we just continue to be thankful. 

We came home from treatment for a couple of hours and then went to St. Joe Inn for lunch with friends. It’s been a long time since we were able to coordinate a lunch. They are crop farmers and raise hogs too. So, getting them to slow down is a trick. But it was a nice lunch and lots of good conversation. 

We still haven’t gotten the azealias trimmed back but Kate and I are determined to get up tomorrow morning before it gets too hot and at least get some of it done. I’ll want to do my watering then too. I need to water before the sun gets too high. It just parboils the plants if you water during the heat of the day. 

That’s it for today. Have a great night. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment