Monday, June 19, 2023

 Let's start a new week off , shall we? This is the week that Summer officially begins. That means the year is moving by rather quickly doesn't? Some one said to me yesterday, it will be Christmas before you know it; and they are right. I was taken aback for a second yesterday at church when an announcement was made about one of our mission projects and they were talking about January and February needs, --- and I suddenly thought --- "I won't be here when that happens." My timeline is counting down. But, it's all good and there is a lot for me to do before New Years Eve when I give my last sermon. That's assuming that they have not found my replacement before that. 

We had rain last night. I don't know exactly how much but my weather gauge says just about a quarter of an inch. We needed it and I bet my tomatoes are happy once again. I got them all weeded and now they have water so those green maters on the vine need to turn red. I'm ready for one. 

We had a good service yesterday. The attendance was pretty good for a Father's Day. There were some families out of course taking dad out for trips and camping and all of that kind of stuff. That's what happens on Father's Day. On Mother's Day the church is crowded because everyone that can wants to have church service with their mom. 

It was sure a blessing to get up this morning and know that Ms. Kate did not have to go to a radiation treatment. She is feeling a tad bit better and we expect that will improve throughout the week. We are both ready to get her back on her feet totally. There are things that she wants to do that she simply doesn't feel well enough to do and she is longing to get back in the saddle, as they say. 

That's it for today. I hope you have a wonderful week. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment