Friday, June 16, 2023

 It is a wonderful thing to know that I don’t have to take Kate to the radiation treatment today or hopefully ever again. She has a follow-up appointment in a month so her radiologist can check her healing progress. We waited around the house yesterday until late afternoon for Walgreens to call that her medicine was ready for pick-up. It is a cream that has antibiotics in it called Silvadeen. I think I told you yesterday that as predicted, the skin in the treatment area was starting to “split”, kind of like a burst blister. By the time we got her medication she was really hurting. But once I applied it she was getting much relief within about 30 minutes. We need to apply it twice a day as long as she needs it which I suspect will be a couple of weeks. The jar of cream is supposed to be a 30 day supply. But —- she had a really good night’s sleep last night, the first one in many days. It has been nice sitting around the house this morning knowing we don’t have to rush to a doctor’s appointment or anything else this morning. It has been five weeks since we could do that. 

BUt I do have to get dressed and go up to St. Lucas this morning. I think I left my “flash-drive” up there. It only has everything I do church-wise on it. I didn’t even realize it until last night which just tells me that I’m starting to get a little behind if I haven’t written anything since Monday. So, I guess I will get dressed and run up to the church. I need to go buy Goodwill and drop off some stuff for donation today too so I will make it all in one run. I hope that flash drive is there, I would hate to have misplaced it somewhere. I hve made a back-up of it but have not undated it in a few weeks. I have been through total loss of files once and I never want to do that again. I had a computer crash on me and lost everything and had to start over. It was not pleasant to say the least. 

I reckon that’s it for today. Have a pleasant weekend. It is Father’s Day weekend. If you are lucky enough to still have your father alive —- give him some love. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment