Saturday, June 17, 2023

 Just dropping by for a Saturday “Hi!” 

It’s been a busy day around here even though it is a weekend. First thing this morning we had a fellow come by to wash all of our windows inside and out. We try to get him at least once a year. He’s hard to get because he is busy from kids Spring through Fall. He does a wonderful job, is quick and not all that expensive. We have 22 windows in our house and he only charged $180.00. It beats me getting on and off of ladders aand working my way in and around bushes. And the windows look sooooo goooood!

Yesterday I finally did get out there and took care of the weeds in my tomato garden and my asparagus patch. Then yesterday evening I watered everything very good. It looks great out there again and if tomatoes smile —- I reckon mine are. LOL

We have the earnest thing going on with out Tulip Poplar trees. My trees are a minimum of 50 feet tall and they truly shade the entire back yard. But this year it seem that the aphids are especially bad and they are drawn to Tulip Poplar trees. As they eat the sap of the trees, they excrete a sticky stuff that is called “Honey Dew”. It drips off of the leaves onto everything below it and makes a sticky mess. There isn’t anything to do about it except wait until the aphids move on, which they will in a couple of weeks. BUt is is a pain in the butt. In the mean time, we walk in “bug-poop”. Yuk. 

I did the grocery shopping this morning while the window guy was here. We we are re-stocked up on the essentials. The rest of the day I am spending working on the Book of Job Bible study we are going to do in July. Job is a tough book to break down. 

So, you go enjoy some sunshine and don’t forget to attend your house of worship this weekend. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment