Tuesday, June 27, 2023

 Good morning on this beautiful Tuesday morning. I hope you had a successful night with good rest and dreams. 

My day is going to be simple. I am going to finish up the lesson plan for my Bible study on Job today. I have a great book by David Pratte that I am building (I should say stealing from) it on. He certainly says a lot more about the scriptures than I could. I could just use his book but it is so in-depth that I went through and have developed the study on what I think are his most important points. The lessons behind the book of Job are pretty straight forward  and I hope we get some really good discussion. My biggest problem with the Book of Job is that it is really repetitive to the point of sometimes being monotonous. I think a lot of people get “worn out” reading it before they finish, and then they miss the point of the book. I have yet to get together with Julie, who is co-teaching this course with me. Or I should say, I am co-teaching it with her. I really want her to take lead because she is so good. 

Other than that, I’m not planning on doing much of anything because we have another air quality alert in effect. I would love to go up to one of the farm stands and get a cantelope or a watermelon. I have been hungry for watermelon. Ms. Kate is going to fix some vegetable soup today. Sounds silly for a summer day but I love soup all year long. And I know she will make enough for several more meals. She does not like “leftovers” but vegetable soup only gets better with time.. 

That’s it. Have a wonderful day. Stay cool and out of the air. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment