Thursday, June 22, 2023

 Hello Thursday, my old friend. Seems like we get together every week. I’m glad you brought sunshine and a little cooler temperature with you. It’s only going to about 81 degrees today but now it is only 73. So, I think I will grab my weed eater and get some trimming done and then I guess I will jump on the JD and mow some grass. Mine is a bit shaggy and looking over at Dan’s yard, his needs cutting too. It has been hot enough that the grass hasn’t grown much, but that doesn’t stop the weeds. 

All of my bird feeders are empty so it is time for me to refill them. So after I get my other stuff done, I reckon that will be my job to do. I also have to water the tomatoes and a couple of new flowers. Truthfully, I could spend all day out side today getting stuff done. It would do me good. I’ve been so busy with working on church stuff that I have hardly been out of my chair.

We went to the church yesterday and ran the bulletins and did the stuff we needed to do. It’s dawning on us that tis year is passing quickly. This Sunday is the last weekend of June which means that the year will be half over. That means I only have a half of a year of employment left before I actually retire. That means only twenty six worship services to prepare, twenty six more sermons to write. Lord willing, I’ll have no more funerals to do and I don’t have any weddings or baptisms on the calendar. So, my job is really winding down. The question looms large tough —- what am I going to do post-retirement. I don’t know. 

Them weeds aren’t going to trim themselves so I better give the a hand. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment