Monday, May 1, 2023

 May Day! May Day! May Day!  Okay, not really, I don’t need any help. Well —- I probably do but we won’t go there. LOL

It’s a cool 46 degrees again this morning and the sun can’t seem to decide whether it wants to come out or hide behind the clouds. It has been a weird couple of days but I’m glad that we had some rain. I put 13 tomato plants in the ground Saturday and I appreciate God watering them for me. The weather forecaster said that we aren’t looking for any more rain this week so at some point I’ll need to start watering my “maters”. That’s alright  because I’ll add a little Miracle Gro to the water. I need to get a couple more cages from Lowes or Home Depot. And I think maybe another bag of potting mix or garden dirt. I want to plant at least one cherry or plum tomato plant for salad use. I’ll do that in a large pot. 

Do you ever have those night or times when you are getting hungry but have no idea what you want to eat? Yeh, Ms. Kate and I were at that point yesterday afternoon. We left church yesterday and the sky was looking bad so we decided not to go to a restaurant for lunch like we usually do.  We just stopped at McDonalds on the way home and picked up lunch and came home and ate it. By late afternoon the hurries were rumbling and wanting attention. But noting really sounded good. We had leftovers in the refrigerator and we have enough food in the pantries to feed an army, but nothing sound enticing. So, we were left with the choice of; do we go to Lic’s Ice Cream and have a banana split, —- or do we go to Cold Stone for our ice cream. Well, it started to pour down rain and the wind was blowing at about 25-30 mph so we chucked those ideas and Ms. Kate made a chocolate and cherry dump cake; and for our main meal before dessert, we had a selection of cheese and crackers. I love being an adult, especially and old one when you just do what you want to do and to heck with public opinion. 

We had good attendance at both churches yesterday. This coming Sunday will be communion Sunday and I hope folks come out. There is no such thing as a full church these days it seems, at least in the churches around here. I was talking to a member of one of the older churches in town that has always had large crowds and has done big mission work in the community. They are down to about 35 people these days on a Sunday. What a shame. Our congregation has maintained a steady attendance over the twenty years I have been there but “family churches” generally do that especially in rural farming communities. 

I have stuff to do and I need to get on with it. I pray your day will be fully blessed. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment