Thursday, May 4, 2023

 Good morning from the parking lot of Ascension/St. Vincent Cancer center. I just walked Ms. Kate in for her CT scan mapping procedure. It is supposed to take about an hour which seems like a very long time to be scanned to me. But, it isn’t a painful procedure I don’t think except for maybe having to lay in certain positions. When they did her breast MRI a few weeks ago, that was her big complaint. First of all, as you know she is a short person, so she haas trouble getting on and off of those tables. Then she had to lay for a long time on her stomach, arms over her head holding on to some kind of bar. She said the whole thing was terribly uncomfortable. So, I hope this morning isn’t the same way. This procedure is designed to map out her breast and the incision site so they can be very precise about doing the radiation. That close to the heart, we don’t want any room for error. 

I have this cool tray that I can attach to my steering wheel for times like this when I have a wait involved. I got it off of the internet for less than $5.00 and it works really great. It’s holding my iPad just fine as well as my phone. If I wanted to bring a book — that would work fine too. You can really get scammed or taken buying stuff off of the internet but this was a good one. I bought one for Julie too. 

I did a tour around my yard this morning and had to take pictures of our iris. Everything is just really starting to come in except my azaleas. I don’t know what is going on there. A lot of folks have their azaleas  in full bloom but ours are hardly blooming at all.  I do know that as soon as the “season is over, I really need to get out there and trim them back. I can’t see out of the kitchen windows right now. But you have to wait until blooming season is over before you trim them. 

When we leave here today I think we will go to Nellies, one of our favorite restaurants for lunch. I’ll of course get breakfast, — I always get breakfast. Then I have to stop and get gas in the thing. Even a Prius runs out of gas eventually. But at 52 mpg, it takes a little longer and doesn’t hold near as much as something like our Caddy did or my truck does. I think our local gas is running about $3.45 a gallon still. Then after we get home today, I need to take our plants out of the sunporch and give them a summer’s worth of fresh air. I will plant the Biltmore Ballgown tree again this summer. I planted it last year and it did really well. Then in the fall, I dug it back up. It has the strangest looking blooms; they look like a ladies ballgown. 

That’s it for today. I hope your day is blessed. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment