Friday, May 12, 2023

 A Good Friday morning to you. It is 72 degrees but cloudy and the air feels “moist”. We had some mist in the air earlier and then ran into a short lived rain shower. I think this will be the program for the next couple of days. 

We are on day two of Ms. Kate’s radiation regimen. She so far has no complaints about it. The procedure doesn’t take that long. Yesterday we were in and out of the facility in about 30 minutes. Today it was a bit longer because they were a little backed up. I drive her there and just sit in the car and wait for her to come back out while I have my coffee or ready through my Facebook page. I would take a book but OI am a slow reader and 30 minutes doesn’t allow me to get very far. Most people I know could read a couple of chapters in thirty minutes but not me. I might get four or five pages done. That’s why it takes me so long to read a novel. 

Last evening I wrote my sermon for the next Sunday (the 21st) and put together a service for Pentecost/Memorial day. I had already started on the Memorial Day service but had to do some tweaks to it. 

Julie is coming over today for Mother’s Day weekend. I don’t know if she is bringing the pups and Jim or not. We’ll know when she gets here I reckon. We haven’t seen her for maybe three weeks so we are always happy when she comes over. I just wish the other girls lived closer but they are well established in far away places like North Carolina, California, and Oklahoma. The grandkids live in New Hampshire, North Carolina, and California so popping over for lunch ain’t gonna happen. I envy my friends that do have family living in the same area. However, I probably make contact with and talk to all of mine more often than many of them do. Thank goodness for Facebook Messenger. We all talk daily. 

That’s about it for today. I hope your weekend is full of blessings and I hope you remember to share them. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment