Thursday, May 18, 2023

 I’m back in my parking spot at the clinic this morning. We got here. Few minutes early today which is no big deal. It’s amazing how a little traffic can affect your travel time though. Yesterday it seemed like the world was on the road and determined to drive five miles per hour. . Today there was hardly anyone on the road. But I’m sitting here watching all of the 0900 appointments arrive. I think it is sad when I see these people coming here by themselves. I know that maybe many of them are probably perfectly fine with coming here by themselves for their treatments. And I know that like Kate, many of the treatments don’t take very long. But for the most part, the people that come here have cancer in some form or another, and to think that you have to go through that by oneself is just sad, I think. Many of the people I see come in here are coming as couples and I like that. 

Yesterday we came for her treatment and then went to Nellies for breakfast, and then up to the churches to run off the bulletins etc. Then we went home and had the rest of our day stuff to do. I think this morning, we may just stop at McDonalds for a breakfast burrito or an egg McMuffin and head home. We have one more restaurant that I like to hit for breakfast before we start the circle over again. It’s called the Cross-Eyed Cricket. It’s actually on the far side of Evansville but what the heck. 

Last night Kate said that she was hungry for a Calzone; you know, those things that ok like a pizza folded in half. Well I started going through the list of local pizza places that we frequent and none of them had Calzones. So, I’m expanding my search. 

Well, I see my lady coming out of the facility ready to head home. Have a blessed day. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment