Friday, May 5, 2023

 This is more like it! Bright sunshiny day, very little breeze, and 55 degrees this morning. I’m heading outside to water my tomatoes in a few minutes and it will be nice to just enjoy the fresh air. I filled the bird feeders yesterday and then had to order more. I can’t believe how much bird feed has gone up. It is redonkulous. I ordered three different 7 lb bags of birdseed and it was right at a hundred dollars. Black oil sunflower seed has gone from $20.00 a 40 lb bag to over $50.00. I won’t quit feeding my birds but it does take some of the joy out of it especially when the dang squirrels set there constantly until the feeders are empty. 

This is the big horse racing weekend over in Louisville. Today is the Oaks race and tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby, aka the most expensive two minutes in sports. I’ve never been to the Derby or the Oaks but I can’t imagine getting in that crowd just to watch a two minute horse race that they will show on television anyway. I assume they have more than one race but don’t really know. We have a local racetrack just inside the Kentucky border and we have gone a couple of times. I’ve made a wild guess bet a couple of times but of course ne’er won anything. So, I really have no interest in it. The last time we went it was because our doctor is part owner of a race horse and it was racing . I think I’m still waiting for it to come in. That was a couple of years ago and I still ask him if his horse is ever going to cross the finish line. LOL

We were up too early today for no particular reason. Kate was up before 0600 and I was up before 0700. Yesterday  we went for Kate’s CT Mapping as I told you. The appointment went fine. But, they use a semi-permanent marker on her to show exactly where to do whatever they do. So, she looks like somebody got to her with a marking pen and drew random marks all over her. And — she not supposed to try to wash it off.  So, I guess she will be wearing her warrior paint for the next month and a half. It doesn’t show of course as long as she is dressed. As I said yesterday, we are just anxious to get started on the treatment. 

I reckon that is enough for today. It is cinco de mayo so go have a frozen margarita. Or, leave the booze out and have a slushy!!  Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment