Friday, April 28, 2023

 Good morning on a cool and wet morning. I’m up “early” today for no particular reason. It seems though every time I have a morning that I can sleep in, I wake up early. The last thing I said to Ms. Kate last night was that we didn’t have any appointments this morning and could actually sleep in. But, that didn’t happen. I woke up at 0600, (I know y’all are already getting ready for work by then and don’t feel a bit sorry for me.) however, I tried to go back to sleep but just laid there with the mind winding up. I started mentally thinking about my Memorial Day service and what I might want to do in honor of that. I know it’s a month off —- but that’s the way my brain works. When that happens, — I know I might as well get up and start putting some words on paper or my computer scratch pad or it will drive me bonkers. So, I’ve made a few notes and reached out to the mother of one our youth in the parish and am hoping I can get the young lad to play TAPS as a prayer response for the service. If he doesn’t want to or can’t, our keyboard has a trumpet setting on it that will work just as well. 

I also had on my mind one of our parishioners that was taken to the emergency room yesterday afternoon by her son. He called me last evening and told me and I wanted to get an update first thing this morning so I can plan my day to see if it is going to include a hospital visit or not. I got an answer from the son that it appears that his mom has pneumonia and is feeling a little better this morning. I suspect they are pumping her with lots of medicines to help her. I will call her husband in a bit and see how things are going. But, I may do a visitation later this morning. 

I plan on going out to Home Depot at some point this morning. I told you that I have been looking for 5-gallon buckets to put around my tomato plants. I couldn’t find any with the bottom already cut out but Home Depot had their standard buckets and I can cut the bottom out myself. They run about $5.00 each which is about the same price I paid for them the last time I bought some several years ago. 

That’s it for this gloomy morning. Maybe I’ll fix some oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I need to get some blueberries out of the freezer because I want Ms. Kate to make a pie.  Doesn’t a piece of blueberry pie sound good for lunch?  

Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment