Saturday, May 13, 2023

 Welcome to the week’s end. I hope your Saturday is warm and sunny like ours is. Although I just looked at the Accuweather and the forecast calls for a high of 86 today and some stormy weather. 86 is a bit warmer than normal for us this time of year and nearly always brings storms with it. I guess we will see what happens. 

So, we got to sleep in a bit this morning because Kate doesn’t have radiation on Saturday and Sunday. We slept all the way to 0730 today. Actually we could sleep a little later the other days too but I’m the one who thinks we need to be up and ready earlier. My old military habits still drive Kate crazy. In my world, arriving on time means you are already late. She on the other hand neglects to consider the “what-ifs’”. It’s a marriage balancing thing. But after 57 years, we ain’t gonna’ change anything now. LOL

Julie and the pups came down last evening. Jim stayed back so he could spray their yard for bugs. He will come down some time today. Last evening we went to St. Joe Inn for catfish fiddlers, German potato salad and cole slaw. Good stuff right there. We had not been out for fiddlers in a long time. Yesterday morning after Kate’s appointment we tried another new place for breakfast called the Sunrise Family Restaurant and Cafe. The place was clean, the food was good and the service was good. We’ll definitely go back. It is exactly the kind of place that I like to go. I’m a fan of family diner places to eat. Kate, —- not so much. But then, Kate is the queen of drive through. Almost any time I ask her what she wants to eat; her answer is someplace that is rather a drive through or a place like Sonic, which is an old fashioned “drive-in”, meaning that you sit in your car and order your food and eat it in your car. She’s just not in to “going inside of a restaurant to eat. I don’t know why. 

I have some yard work to do today, weed eating and stuff like that. I saw some weeds coming up in my asparagus bed again so I need to get after those. And maybe I’ll jump on the two Deere and mow again. The rain did make the grass grow again. 

That’s it for a Saturday morning. Tomorrow is the Sabbath for we Christians. Today is the Sabbath for our Jewish brothers and sisters. However, remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. Visit your house of worship and give thanks to the Lord for another weeks of blessings. Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment