Tuesday, January 12, 2021

 Well, yesterday’s question was answered this morning. It is 29 degrees again this morning but the sun is shining brightly. I went and and cleaned the nasty birdbath and with the sun shining on me, it didn’t feel nearly as cold as it did yesterday. Yes, it is a beautiful morning and let’s start the day with thanks to the Lord God for it. 

I woosed out on my bike ride yesterday and only did six miles. I try to ride seven or even eight miles at a time, and want to keep doing that three days a week. But I just got tired and said “that’s enough for today”. I may ride today for awhile just to even it all out. 

Today is going to be a shopping day, unfortunately. I don’t know how big my grocery list is because Ms. Kate hasn’t given it to me yet. I do 99% of the grocery shopping now-a-days. Frankly, I’d much rather do it myself than go with her. I’m a “list guy”. Give me the list, I go get it and come back out. Ms. Kate is a “think about it shopper” and that is probably good if you are thinking and doing meal planning, but I don’t ever plan meals. My biggest planning is if I see something in the freezer that I think might be good and get it out a day ahead of time. I know we are going to go to Fresh Market because as I have told you before, Tuesday is “ground chuck” day there. Ms. Kate goes in there to get that. Then I guess we’ll go to the Walmart Neighborhood Market which is where I do most of my grocery shopping.  Their prices are pretty good  and they aren’t like a full box store Walmart. Groceries are about all they have. I pretty much know where everything is in there. I don’t think Ms. Kate has been in there more than twice. My “other store” is Schnucks. They are a mid-west grocery chain. Their prices are a little higher but they have fresh made fruit turnovers and donuts and I always stop by the bakery and get a few. Of course, Sam’s Club has turnovers too and sometimes I’ll go in there to pick up a box. During cherry season and peach season, there is a farm market not far from us that has fresh made turnovers and once in a while, I’ll swing by for a couple. 

I know you have been keeping up on what is happening nationally with our politics. It is some scary stuff. You know, part of the problem is that “we the people” really have no idea what is actually going on. This country has heard so much rhetoric and lies, and half truths that folks like me and you are left forming our opinions on and about things that we truly don’t know if we are being told the truth or not. I do know that the US House of Representatives is doing everything they can to oust President Trump before his last eight days in office are over. They are impeaching him for the second time during his presidency. They don’t want him to be able to ever be able to hold a political office again and the way they prevent that is to remove him from office. And unfortunately, the fact that we have over 300,000 people that have died from CORONA 19, and the fact that people are desperate to find a job and care for their family is all less important to them than their hate for President Trump. And why do they hate him so much????? Because he isn’t one of them and was never supposed to win the 2016 election over their hand picked candidate. It is a mess that could very easily end up in a civil war and we won’t really even know what we are fighting about. It is no different than it has ever been —- what one side calls insurrection and treason, the other side calls patriotism. Pray, pray, pray my friends. Pray for peace. Pray for calmer attitudes. Pray for our current president and pray for our in-coming president. 

With that, I will close. May God bring peace to your life. 





 










No comments:

Post a Comment