Friday, January 8, 2021

 Good morning once again. It is almost the end of the first full week of 2021, Only 50 weeks until Christmas. 

The nation is a little calmer this morning. The rioters and protesters have gone home from Washington DC. The mess at the capitol has been cleaned up. President Trump has finally conceded that Joe Biden has won the election although he just “tweeted” that he will not attend the inauguration. You know, I have supported President Trump for the past four years and I have defended him when I thought it was appropriate. But, —- I am so tired of his pouting and tantrums. I don’t like that he lost the election either but he really needs to “man-up” and act like an adult rather than a kid whose mother just took his lollipop away from him. It’s shameful and embarrassing for the rest of us. 

It is obvious that I filled the feeders again yesterday afternoon. The squirrels are taking full advantage. And I have a lot of birds that are happy. Unfortunately I also have a “bully” out there this morning too. The mockingbird is harassing everything that comes in for a bite. Usually it is the starlings, but so far they have not found out the feeders are full. By noon they will be here in full force. I have seen many battles out there between the starlings and the woodpeckers and the mockingbirds over the years. I call it the battle of the long beaks, and sometimes they get pretty vicious. They flutter and peck and flutter and peck and usually don’t get a lot of eating done. The problem is that the starlings and blackbirds usually fly in as a gang so they have the number on their side; —- except they are also busy fighting among themselves too. It’s good entertainment while I’m on the bike because it all happens less than ten feet from me so I get a “ringside” view. 

I’m making this short today. I have a lot of work to do and better get to it. Enjoy your weekend but don’t forget that you only get that weekend because God provides it. Take time out for worship. Peace.










No comments:

Post a Comment