Wednesday, January 6, 2021

 Good morning on this Hump Day. It’s not a “bad” morning; 36 degrees, no wind and cloud covered. We aren’t expecting a lot of sunshine today. But it isn’t raining nor is it snowing, so I’ll just pass along my gratitude to the good Lord above. The whole week is supposed to be like this. 

I have a couple of things on my “to-do” list today. It’s Wednesday and that means go to the churches and run the bulletins etc. I think I will do that this morning. I want to be home this afternoon because my oldest granddaughter is supposed to call this afternoon and I don’t want to miss her call.. She is such a sweetheart. All of our kids and grandkids are sweethearts. We love talking to them. And the joy is, they seem to like talking to us. We just don’t get to see them often enough. 

Other duties today include getting on the bike and taking a ride. I did 8.3 miles on Monday and it kind of wore me out. I was sore in my ankles and legs yesterday so I didn’t ride. I don’t need to ride everyday but I should ride at least three times a week. If I can ride for an hour, that’s seven miles, and do that three days a week, that would be a good consistent program I think. It would strengthen my legs and muscles and my heart. Besides, I have to do something to combat the calories. I just baked and ate most of a pan of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for my breakfast. I can’t afford to do that too many times a week and not exercise. 

Then this afternoon I need to jump on the computer keyboard and get busy. I’ve started on my sermon for the 17th and have “a lan” for what I want to say, but I need to get it on paper before I forget it. I do that too often. I’ll have a random thought or song run through my head and think to myself that I could turn that into a sermon, but then if I don’t make notes at the time —— it’s gone with the wind. 

That’s it for today; I know it’s short but I do have stuff to get to. Have a blessed day. Pray for one another and pray for our nation. I know God is in charge but “the kids” ain’t behaving  very well. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment