Friday, January 15, 2021

 Good morning on this cool a little breezy, Friday morning. We have a mixed bag of weather coming in today. When I got up the sun was bright and it looked really nice outside. Now the sky is pretty much overcast and later today we are supposed to maybe be getting some snow or snow showers or who knows, maybe just some rain. Ya’ gotta love southern Indiana weather. 

There isn’t much on my plate today that I know of. Of course, I could always find something to do work-wise. But yesterday I finished up my sermon and service for the 24th, put together the service for the 31st and also the service for February 7th. Today I need to review the funeral service tat I have prepared for my parishioner. Bless his heart, he is still hanging in there but only barely. I talked to his wife yesterday and he is now moved into his hospice hospital bed and barely acknowledges her, although when she gives him water or some applesauce, he might tell her how good it tasted to him. She is absolutely worn out. She hardly sleeps because she is awakened every time he moves. It is so sad when people reach this stage of the dying process. The family gets worn out and is so ready for the person to go ahead and breathe their last and then they feel horribly guilty because they feel that way. So generally, people just sit around and wait for the patient to breathe their last. I have been to so many hospital and nursing home rooms where people were crowded in. Their intentions and love is so noble and yet they look like vultures waiting for carrion. I know, that sounds like a terrible description but it is factual. And so often, the dying person seems to be just waiting on everybody to leave the room so they can pass in solitude and peace. Ms. Kate and I sat all night with my dad and he assed about ten minutes after we left his hospital room. Dying is a very interesting phenomenon. —— Wow! That went morbid quickly didn’t it?? Anyway, I need to review and maybe tailor that service. I’ve asked both my parishioner and his wife if there is anything in particular that they want read  and all they have said is, “no, just whatever is appropriate.” That throws the door wide open but answers nothing. 

Ms. Kate and I are planing a vacation for a week down in Biloxi, MS at the end of the month. We have two different resorts that we like down there. We won’t do much except sit in our hotel room, read, do our computer games, stare at the Gulf of Mexico and go to some favorite restaurants, assuming they are still there. Between the closures for the pandemic and two hurricanes hitting the area last fall, we don’t really know what is open and what isn’t. But —- we lost three weeks of vacation last year JD we don’t want to lose it again this year. The only thing that could change our plans is if my parishioner is still hanging on to life. That really makes a difference. If we have to delay because of the funeral we can cancel plans up until 24 hours before check-in. We’ll have to see what God has in store for the next couple of weeks. Wish us luck. 

Well folks, it is Friday so I hope you have a good weekend. I hope you can take a couple of days and just relax. Make sure you take the time to stop and give praise to God above for getting you through yet another week. Be kind to your fellow persons and share God’s love. Peace.














No comments:

Post a Comment