Tuesday, January 26, 2021

 Good Morning! I think the song says, “Sittin’ on the dock in the bay—-”, but actually I’m sitting on the tenth floor in my hotel room looking at the Gulf of Mexico. Ms. Kate an I are in Gulfport, MS and are currently staying at the Island View/Beach View Resort complex. Thursday morning we will move to the Beau Rivage Resort about five or six miles east of here for three maybe four days. Then back to reality and work. But it is an absolute blessing to get away on our vacation and away from the house. We haven’t gone anywhere or done anything since we went to North Carolina with Lisa’s family. So here we are, enjoying just doing nothing. It is currently 67 degrees outside and the sun is shining, at least for now, It may rain a little today but the beach is pretty in rain too and it won’t affect the book I’m reading. 

We took off for here Sunday after church. It rained on us the rest of the day but we made it as far as Athens, Alabama. Yesterday we got up and it was still raining, and it rained on and off for the rest of the trip. Just as a point of interest, I don’t think I have ever driven through Huntsville or Birmingham Alabama that it wasn’t pouring rain. And I-65 is of course crowded with Semi’s and they throw all of the rain spray up making it almost impossible to see. Hopefully on the way home we will have dry weather, and hopefully we won’t return home to snow and ice. 

I think we may drive over to Bay St. Louis for one of our meals today. We have a favorite restaurant over there and I hope it is still open and hasn’t had to close for COVID or something like that. It sits right at the docks and the food is really good. 

Enough to “chatty-Kathy” for now. I have a Stephen King book calling my name and a cup of excellent coffee waiting. Have a blessed day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment