Saturday, January 9, 2021

 Good Saturday morning to you. I hope wherever you are is brighter and warmer than where I am. It’s not that it is terrible or anything out side, but it is cold and grey and overcast and makes you cold just to look outside. I’m not a fan of “blah days” as you can tell. But, as I often say, at least it isn’t raining, or snowing, or any of those other yucky winter things. 

I finally finished my sermon for next week. It sounded like a good idea for a message when I began it, but somehow it fell apart between my brain and the keyboard. That happens occasionally and it is frustrating when it does because then it feels like I am forcing words. There is a good chance I will read it again at some point and end up rewriting it. That happens frequently. 

I have a lot of guests at the Backyard Buffet again today. Thank goodness the starlings and blackbirds haven’t returned to clean out the Bark Butter Bits. But that darn. Mockingbird is still out there being a bully. I don’t know what is going on with it. There is only one so I don’t think it is a mate finding thing, but it certainly is being territorial. The smaller birds come to eat and it is at them instantly. What is strange is that it is eating very little, just being a bully for no reason that I can see. If the grackels move in, it will be. Whole different story. The Cardinals do stand up to it though, so that makes it interesting. 

Did I tell you about my new song that I have been listening to every day. It is called “Psalm 34” and is done by the Baltimore Chapel Choir. It is rousing and Holy Spirit filled and really makes me feel good when I listen to it. I generally will play it a couple of times while I’m on my bike. It is a pleasant way to do my ride. I have several You Tube music videos that are favorites that I watch while I ride. I put on my headphones and just peddle away and the next thing you know, I’ve done a 7-mile ride and passed 45 minutes or so. 

But now, it is time to toast a bagel and get the Philly Cream cheese out and have my breakfast. I wish you a very Holy Spirit filled weekend. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment