Monday, January 11, 2021

 I’m not sure which is colder, a day like today when it is 28 degrees and the air is damp, the sky is grey with overcast clouds and the land is bare without snow, or — snow covered ground with sunshine and still 28 degrees. I actually think the latter would at least seem warmer because the sun would be shining and the beauty of it all would “warm you up” or at least it would brighten your day. Yeh, today it just looks cold out there and when I went out it was “bone chilling” because the air is moist. But —- tomorrow promises to be better with sunshine and a high of 42. Yesterday the temperature difference between the high and the low was two degrees. And winter is not yet even officially one month gone until the 21st. But again —- I’m not shoveling anything so there is that to be grateful for today.

Church service attendance was slim yesterday. Between the COVID virus and the cold weather, I don’t blame people for not coming out. We did have a good attendance on Facebook virtual though. Lot’s of folks tuned in. Even Ms. Kate stayed home and watched it on the computer. She said it was too miserable to get out. I am so very glad we have this virtual capability. We’ve had a little camera trouble the past couple of weeks. Yesterday it kept going in and out of focus. We are still using Ms. Kate’s extra IPad and it has done well but yesterday it was a bit distracting to watch. The sound was good though. We are going ahead with the purchase of the new camera setup for our system. Our biggest problem is lack of internet. We are currently having to operate off of “hot-spots” on our phone and that is a weak signal. I’ve asked our council president, who is also our resident tech guru, about purchasing a couple of “fire-stick” devices, one for the sanctuary and one for my office. I’m not sure what kind of cost that runs into. He has also found out that the State of Indiana has some grant money for rural internet service so he is going to look into that and maybe we can get High Speed Internet run to the church. I know some of the congregation members that live around the church have it because they need it for farming. So, we’ll see what happens. We’ll be getting just too fancy. LOL. 

Ms. Kate didn’t just stay home and sit while we were having church yesterday. I came home to a pot of freshly made veggie soup, a cherry custard pie, and a pumpkin pie. Talk about good eating. I had a piece of the custard pie for my breakfast and it is delicious. I’ll be having left-over soup for lunch today and a piece of pumpkin pie. 

That’s about all of the news I have for today. I think I’ll work on dropping some writing today and see if I can’t accomplish something. I was going to go get on the bike for awhile but I think it is just too cool out on the sunporch to be comfortable. Saturday I rode my eight miles with a jacket on. I guess I could do that again. It wasn’t too bad. 

Have yourself a wonderful day and a week full of blessings. Wear your mask out in public and keep yourself safe. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment