Friday, January 22, 2021

 Good morning on this cold January morning. Thirty-two degrees out this morning but lots of (temporary) sunshine to start the day. I think low forties is about all we are going to achieve today and then tonight it is supposed to go down to eighteen. ‘Tis what it is. 

Thankfully, God gave us a much brighter day yesterday  for me to conduct the graveside service for my parishioner. It was fifty-three when we pulled up to the church and for once the wind wasn’t blowing us across the prairie. It made it a much brighter and more cheery day. The funeral was well attended, or as well as it could be with the COVID restrictions. The director of the funeral home told me tat in the past yer he has done fifty COVID related funeral services. Man, we have got to get this thing under control and get people vaccinated. 

Speaking of vaccinated. Ms. Kate and I got our first shot and we go back for the follow-up on February 10th. The shot didn’t bother me at all with the exception of a sore arm muscle for a few hours. But —- as I expected, it took Ms. Kate down for a couple of days. She wasn’t “sick” but she was weak and “not feeling good for two days. She is better now. They say the second shot hits a person harder than the first so I’m not looking forward to her getting that one. 

I’m two days late getting the bulletins run but I’m going up this morning and do that. I’ve been waiting for the council to decide who is going to fill the pulpit on the 31st and then for that person to get their scripture and sermon tootle to me go I can finish creating the bulletins for that Sunday. I finally got what I need last night and finished putting it together. So, this morning I’ll go up and run two Sunday’s worth of bulletins. It won’t take that long.

After bulletins, we need to go to the grocery store and pick up some stuff. We need to “snack stuff” for while we are on vacation. I want to get some fresh veggies like carrots, and celery and maybe some more little tomatoes as well as “junk food” like chips and stuff. I think our hotel rooms will also have Kuerig coffee makers in them so I need to pick up a box of the K-Cup pods. One can’t sit and watch the waves roll in without a cup of coffee and a book. I already have the book. LOL  I have a Stephen King that I have barely started and I’ll finish that next week. It has been sitting beside my recliner for a year untouched. 

So, now it is time to get off of my duff and get something done. I pray you have a wonderful weekend. Stay in touch with God. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment