Monday, January 4, 2021

 Good morning and a happy Monday to you. Wow! The sun is actually shining for a change. It’s a cold morning, 30 degrees, but the sun will help it to feel a little warmer anyway. I’m sitting at my kitchen table this morning to write my blog and I’m looking across the street at Dan’s house and his frost covered roof. He obviously has  good insulation because there is no heat escaping to melt the frost off. 

How was your weekend? We were pretty sedentary around here; didn’t do much. Of course we went to church yesterday. We’re open again and doing in-person worship. We had pretty good attendance at both services. Percentage wise, St. Paul’s had a much better attendance than did St. Lucas. It was great to be doing inn-person worship again and see our folks. And, I have to say, they all did a good job of mask wearing and social distancing. I have to admit, social distancing is really hard for rural church faith families. Hugging and handshaking is second nature, especially since most of them are related in one form or fashion. But, unfortunately, we’ve had several cases of COVID 19 in the parish so we don’t want to be taking chances. What we are seeing though through out society is that people seem to have developed an attitude that it is 2021 and COVID was last year. The fact that a vaccine has been developed and is starting to be distributed is making people reckless. They seem to forget that having the vaccine developed means nothing if you ave actually received the shots. Folks are just so tired of it all, and I don’t blame them. I’m tired of it too. 

I don’t have a lot on the to-do list today. I carried the laundry out for Ms. Kate so we’ll do that today. And I need to go to Lowe’s and pick up a 3/4” pipe about 7’ long. Heather and John bought me a “weather station” for Christmas and I need the pipe to mount it on. There are several ways to mount it but I’m limited as to where I put it because of things like trees. So, I’m going to put it in my garden area on the south side of the house. Hopefully that will work for connection to the house. The thing is supposed to be placed between five and twenty feet high, away from tree and south facing. So, the garden is where it will go. I don’t know how the information it collects gets broadcast to the receiver that is in the house but, it is supposed to work that way. —— While I’m out, I need to stop by the grocery store and pick up some dishwashing soap. 

Hey, do you understand this new “Discovery +” television network. It sounds like a lot of the shows that I watch are going to this network and you have to pay extra for it. I pay enough for my cable as it is and I’m already paying extra for HBO, although I’m going to go cancel that. But it seems like there is an extra cost for everything. I have CBS All-Access so I can watch some of the Star Trek stuff and that is a pay-extra. I’m wondering why I even have regular cable. Julie and Jim have all of the extra things that they pay for, Hulu, Netflix, and I don’t know what all. It’s confusing. I think I need to go to Spectrum and get myself a little smarter. 

That’s it to start off my week. Now I need to go get on the bike to nowhere and take a ride. Enjoy your day. You have a brand new week with which to do something amazing.. Peace. 













No comments:

Post a Comment