Tuesday, January 19, 2021

 A pot of warm coffee, cardinals at the feeders, sunshine and blue skies over head. What a great way to start the morning. I’m almost glad that Medicare was concerned about my coverage and called me at 0700 to check on it. A parishioner and friend sent me a great prayer and devotional this morning and now I have Alan Jackson’s “Precious Memories” album playing on the Bose as I sit here enjoying the morning. It’s pretty darn peaceful. 

I’m tempted to get on the bike to nowhere and do a ride. I did 7.5 miles yesterday but it was a struggle ti get it in. I had seven phone calls in the middle of my ride. Then, when I was done with my ride, ——- not another call all day. It was a bit frustrating, but they were all calls “about work” so it’s all good. I probably call people and interrupt their thought processes and activity too. It would not have bothered me if I hadn’t had to stop and get off of the bike each time. 

Wow!, I’m looking at my “porch plants” and a couple of them are in need of water. I didn’t bring as many in this year. I have my orange tree, the Biltmore Ballgown tree, two pots of geraniums, and a purple shamrock that I brought in. Then we have a rather large “Peace Plant” and a Pony-tail Palm tree in here that stays in here year around. We really need to trim that Pony-tail Palm back. I think we gave that palm to my mother-in-law thirty years ago. It is a totally forgiving thing. We forget to water it once in a while and it dries back but always come back out when we water it. It probably the most maintenance free plant we have. Although most of these plants are maintenance free. We’ve had these two pots of geraniums for a decade, and they constantly bloom. 

Today the folks come to give me an estimate for changing out my fireplace and then this evening we go get our first COVID Vaccine. I’ll be glad to have that done. Tomorrow I go to run my bulletins  and then Thursday I have the funeral. The forecast for Thursday is for sunshine and fifty degrees which will be wonderful for the funeral graveside service. Sunshine eases the mind and soul. 

Tomorrow is the Presidential Inauguration and they are expecting all kinds of civil unrest. I pray that does not come about. We don’t need it and and it accomplishes nothing except more hate.  

Tie to go toast bagel and pour another cup of coffee. Have a blessed day. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment