Saturday, November 30, 2019

And a happy rainy Saturday to you. Today we celebrate not only the end of a week but also the end of a month. November 2019 is done as of midnight tonight never to return. Did you ever wonder about things like where does time go? I mean, the “present” is so very fleeting. The time it took me to write these two sentences will never be back again. Did I make good use of the time or did I waste it? I don’t know and will never know. Stephen King wrote a novel called “The Langoliers” that addresses the subject. And since he did, I think I will not dwell on it for the moment. But if you find yourself wanting something to do, I recommend the book.

Thanksgiving is all over. lie and Jim have gone home. Ms. kate and I have a bunch of stuff to do today and I’m afraid we won’t have time (there’s that word again) to get it all done. We really don’t want to get out in the rain and run around although the Black Friday people should have been satisfied yesterday and maybe won’t be on the road today. Hopefully this rain will let up and we can get out and do our stuff. We are supposed to go to a wedding celebration at the church this afternoon.

I got the Christmas tree assembled and all of the lights work on it. Actually we put up a small second one too in the dining room. It is up to Ms. Kate to decorate them however she wants. We actually had our Thanksgiving meal in the dining room and used the good china. That is the first time in maybe five years. I find it amazing that we have rooms in our house that we don’t use. We have a fairly large    Living room that is wall to wall with relatively expensive furniture and antiques and we use it on Christmas Day and that is it. We have a dining room that we apparently use once every five years and it too is wall to wall furniture. But, the family room and the kitchen are where we spend our time. There is nothing new about that concept though. Remember, —- your grandma probably had a “parlor” that you never went into either except to sit (and I do mean sit) and visit with company. I listen to all of my HGTV House Hunter shows and the biggest common claim is “it’s too small”. The real issue I thin is that people have and want too much.

I guess I better quit now. It has stoped raining and I need to get showered and ready to do some stuff. Have a great weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment