Saturday, November 2, 2019

A happy and glorious Saturday to you on this sunny forty degree morning. There is a breeze  tough so that will knock the “feels like” temperature down to less than comfortable. But my Backyard Buffet guests don’t seem to mind too much. I filled 16 feeders yesterday so everybody has a choice of what they would like for breakfast. Fat squirrel has claimed his favorite spot and will cling to that branch and stretch out to get what he wants until he is satisfied or until another squirrel comes along and runs  him off. I never cease to be amazed at the gyrations that those critters go through to get to food. They are nothing but pure muscle.

The blackbirds and starlings are here of course. I knew they would be i here today. It doesn’t take the long to discover food and I’ve been feeding them so long that they know to come here. Too bad I can't claim them on my taxes as dependents. Yesterday afternoon I filled the feeders just in time for the evening feed. It didn’t take long for the place to look like a busy airdrome with all of the birds flying in and out. It was pure pleasure to sit out here and watch them. I have a regular large gathering of cardinals that stay here year around. It would appear too that the robins are on the move. I’ve had aa fairly steady stream of them coming through for the past week.

Tomorrow is Sunday and it is my week to preach. I’m doing a sermon called Caterpillars to Butterflies. It is, of course about the transition that we must make in our lives when we accept Jesus Christ into our lives and dedicate our life to God. I found some good pictures to go with it for the screen. I hope it goes over well. We never know how a certain sermon will be received when we write them. I just write what I think and what I feel needs to be said. It is a lot like fixing supper. You fix it based on what you think is not only tasty but what will keep people healthy. Sometimes people love it and want more, and some times they won’t even touch it. All you can do is prepare the best meal you know how. Although, I’ll admit that some times you end up just hurriedly putting supper together and hope it turns out right. I know of pastors that say they never write their sermons down ahead of time. They say that they preach on whatever the Holy Spirit leads them to on the way to the church. That might work for them, but it sure wouldn’t work for me.

I guess I’m done for the day. Tie to eat out of the recliner and get a little stuff done. I pray you will have a blessed day and weekend. Peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment