Friday, November 29, 2019

“Black Friday”!!! I see I forgot to finish yesterday’s blog so I just hit publish for it this morning.

I was telling yu about the wine I had selected for our meal yesterday. Unfortunately it wasn’t that great. It had really taken on the taste of the cork I guess. It had a very “earthy” taste. It wasn’t bad enough to throw down the drain but it wasn’t great either. But, Karen and I drank it. I’ve had a lot worse wine.

Did you get up early and rush out and join the maddening crowd of Black Friday shoppers? I don’t think you could pay me to get out there. All of the pushing and shoving and grabbing stuff off of the shelves. I’ve  never actually seen it all happen but my mind tells me what people are like and I see it on television. Then of course there is the traffic and trying to find a parking spot. But —- we know people that just seem to live for Black Friday shopping. They gather their friends or siblings and make a day of it. They claim it to be so much fun, but I just can’t see it. Thank goodness Ms. Kate does our shopping for us. I’ve got the imagination of an aardvark when it come to buying presents. Ms. Kate’s birthday is Christmas Eve so I have to look extra hard for a present. I try to insure that she gets to se that we are celebrating her birthday one day and Christmas the next. She grew up with them always being combined so she technically missed a lot of birthdays. But, she did give an idea of a category to shop from this year, so I at least have a place to start. I may have to wait until we get back from vacation to shop for her.

It’s a grey day, low forties and we’re expecting a lot of rain between now and Sunday, maybe as much as two inches. Yesterday afternoon, Jim got up on my roof with the leaf blower and blew off the gutters and the sunporch roof. It was packed with leaves so I am really grateful he did that. That would have been a lot of weight when it got wet and froze and created an ice dam up there. I’ve had that happen before and it starts to melt and then drips down into the sun porch. Not a good thing. I couldn’t believe how much stuff he blew off of there. I think all of the leaves fro the one poplar tree must have gone over on the roof because there certainly wasn’t that much in the yard this fall. And, since the wind has taken all of the leaves off of he trees by now, I won’t have to worry about it building up again.

Time to go put the Christmas tree together and see if it all lights up. If it does that will be aa great thing. I reckon a lot of Christmas trees will go up around America today. My daughter Lisa said they are decorating today and daughter Heather said they are already done. Julie doesn’t decorate at her place because they come down here for Christmas.

Lunch was super yesterday and today Julie has fixed chicken and dumplings for our lunch. Tis the season to be eating!! Have a most wonderful day. Just because Thanksgiving Day is over doesn’t mean you are allowed to quit being grateful. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment